Livestock SA has a vision for a strong, viable, productive and profitable livestock production sector in South Australia which is valued by the community and all levels of government.
Livestock SA Initiatives
Livestock SA provides advocacy and industry assistance in conjunction with other state and national bodies, all with the focus to provide help and support to those in the livestock industries.
- What issues really matter to voters this election? #LivestockSA President Joe Keynes gives his thoughts on what issues matter to producers as part of his involvement in The Advertiser's people's voice citizen's jury.
SOARING power prices, forging lucrative and challenging jobs for today’s children, access to affordable health care and quality education and building small business prosperity — ...
- ifarmwell.com.au A new, free, online tool kit to help Australian farmers cope effectively with life’s challenges and get the most out of every day has been released! It has been developed by Australian farmers in collaboration with a range of organisations from across the agricultural, health, mental health, university and financial ...
- Little Big Shots Aus Do you know a young cattle producer with expert skills? Little Big Shots Australia are currently casting for the next season and are keen to include a young cattle expert, aged 4 to 11, in the line-up! Little Big Shots is a child's variety show which features kids with unique ...
- Cattle Council CEO gets to grassroots in SA visit We were pleased to welcome Cattle Council of Australia CEO Margo Andrae to #LivestockSA's Southern Region meeting last week. Find out more about her visit to SA in this story thanks to Stock Journal!
Improving communication with grassfed beef producers is the top priority of Cattle Council of Australia chief ...
- Meat & Livestock Australia Are you currently supplementary feeding your cattle? Here's some tips and strategies to consider. Story thanks to Meat & Livestock Australia.
Managing cattle through tough seasons can be emotionally and financially challenging. However there are practical strategies producers can employ to reduce stress, contain costs and improve animal performance:
- livestocksa.org.au Great to hear that producer-led trials of SA’s new farm biosecurity management program, One Biosecurity, will begin this month! The new biosecurity program, which is currently in development, will enable the state’s beef cattle, dairy and sheep producers to better manage, protect and promote their strong on-farm biosecurity practices.