Livestock SA's 2022 SA State Election Priorities
Livestock SA has announced the 14 key areas it will advocate for in the upcoming South Australian State Election.
The organisation is calling on all political parties and candidates to support Livestock SA on a range of issues, including:
- The development and enactment of new Pastoral Lands and Biosecurity Acts,
- The continuation of the Red Meat and Wool Growth Program,
- Improved health and mental health services in regional and remote areas,
- Commitment to policy setting, funding, and ongoing research investment that ensure the South Australian red meat and wool industries can be at the forefront of carbon neutrality,
- Commitment to maintaining water security and cost efficiencies to ensure sustainable agricultural businesses in SA,
- Continuing funding of the Revitalising Private Conservation program, and
- More funding support for Vocational Educational and Training programs that develop the future work force.
Livestock SA President Joe Keynes said any future Government needed to ensure it supported, rather than hindered, the development of the livestock sector in SA.
"The SA livestock industries contribute more than $3.3 billion in gross revenue to the State economy annually," he said.
"The sheep and beef industries are vital to the South Australian economy and we're calling on all political parties to support the sectors as they continue to grow and provide world-class products."