Call for nominations: Industry Fund Selection Committee
The Sheep Industry Fund and Cattle Industry Fund administration and governance is transitioning to Livestock SA in 2019-20.
The new process has seen Livestock SA establish three sub-committees:
- Industry Fund Selection Committee
- Cattle Industry Fund Board
- Sheep Industry Fund Board
Nominations are now open for the Industry Fund Selection Committee, and Livestock SA in conjunction with SA Dairyfarmers Association (SADA) invite eligible levy payers to consider nominating for a position on the newly established Industry Fund Selection Committee.
The role of the committee is to provide industry direction regarding the identification and sourcing of candidates for appointment of members to the Sheep Industry Fund Board and the Cattle Industry Fund Board. The industry fund boards will make recommendations regarding fund expenditure and once established the SA Cattle and Sheep Advisory Groups will longer be required.
The Industry Fund Selection Committee Charter outlining the role, composition and responsibilities of the committee is available here or by contacting the Livestock SA office on 08 8297 2299.
Any cattle and sheep producer contributing to the SA Cattle Industry Fund and/or Sheep Industry Fund is eligible to nominate/be nominated as a candidate for the Industry Fund Selection Committee. There are five positions available which must include:
- At least one sheep producer with involvement in the wool industry
- At least one sheep producer with involvement in the sheep meat industry
- At least one cattle producer with involvement in the dairy industry
- At least one cattle producer with involvement in the beef industry
Nomination forms are available below or by contacting the Livestock SA office on 08 8297 2299.
Completed nomination forms must be returned to Livestock SA by 5pm Friday 4 October 2019
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 08 8293 8886
- Post: Unit 5, 780 Glandore SA 5037