Natural Resources SA Murray-Darling Basin is still receiving applications for the 2020-2021 NRM Agricultural Knowledge Small Grants. Final submissions due by 5pm ACST Monday 15 June 2020.
The Agricultural Small Grants are designed to allow groups to undertake agricultural training, skills and knowledge building activities. This grant is intended for eligible groups who are currently operating within the current Natural Resources SA Murray-Darling Basin region
How much can be applied for?
A maximum of $3,000 (GST Exc.) is available per group applying.
When do projects need to be completed by?
Projects must be completed, all funding acquitted, and project final reports completed and submitted 4 weeks after the grant event has been executed or no later than Friday 28th May 2021. There will be no opportunities for project extensions.
Who can apply?
The Agricultural Knowledge Small Grant is available to the following existing groups:
- agriculture bureaus
- farming system groups
- field day committees
- Landcare and Local Action Planning groups
- consultant facilitated farmer groups
- non-government and not for profit organisations working to improve agriculture and native vegetation management.
Funding through the Agriculture Knowledge Small Grants is anticipated to give groups the opportunity to undertake agricultural training, skills and knowledge building in the following land management/farming issues:
- managing soil acidification
- reducing the risk of soil and nutrient loss from wind erosion
- opportunities for increasing soil organic carbon
- reducing the risk of soil and nutrient loss from hillslope (water) erosion.
Eligible projects will demonstrate the following:
- be driven from an agricultural or horticultural farming group perspective
- be conducted within the SAMDB NRM region
- build knowledge and skills of the group
- facilitate improved management of natural resources.
Groups must be pre-existing and can be formal or non-formal. State and federal government agencies are ineligible to apply.
For more information contact Zoe Starkey, Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator, on email@example.com or 0408 416 684.