In August 2021 the Minister for Primary Industries and Regions, David Basham MP announced a $1million boost for innovative KI recovery projects.
“This new $1 million funding to Livestock SA and Agriculture Kangaroo Island will help deliver new projects which support long-term recovery and resilience. This is recognition that the road to recovery can be a long one and by working with industry we are making sure support is targeted and effective."
Livestock SA and Agriculture KI ran a tender process in September 2021 to seek projects that would benefit farmer groups and help make the community more resilient to improve the ability to respond to events in the future.
On Monday Minister Basham, alongside Jamie Heinrich (AgKI Chairman), announced the approval of twelve projects totaling $976,014 under the funding scheme. Ten of these projects will be administered by Livestock SA in collaboration with third-party applicants who developed project concepts during the tender phase.
For a full list of Livestock SA administered KI recovery projects please click here.
Please contact Livestock SA for more information on 08 8297 2299.
Livestock SA has now closed its emergency fodder depots for both the Cudlee Creek (Oakbank Racecourse) and Kangaroo Island (Cape Jervis) fires. Enquiries regarding access to emergency fodder should be made through the appropriate Bushfire Recovery Centre.
Livestock SA’s last delivery via ferry to Kangaroo Island was on Tuesday 25 February 2021. PIRSA’s funding for ferry crossings has now been fully committed in the delivery of donated hay.
Livestock SA in partnership with SA government and a mountain of volunteers and donors have managed to deliver 2,200 tonnes of hay to Kangaroo Island, 1,250 tonnes of hay through Oakbank depot and 450 tonnes to those affected by the Keilira fire.
We extend our deepest gratitude to the amazing people who have been so generous with their money, time, fuel, equipment and feed. We’re generally struck by the integrity which has been shown by South Australian farmers to their peers and equals.
- PIRSA- Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA)
- Eligible primary producers can now access grants of up to $75,000 to help with the cost of clean-up activities, reinstatement activities and emergency measures to assist with immediate recovery of primary production enterprises
- To find out more or to apply for a recovery grant, visit: www.pir.sa.gov.au/emergency_management/bushfire_support/
- Rural Aid www.ruralaid.org.au
- Cudlee Creek Fire Recovery Landscape Grants
- Disaster Assist www.disasterassist.gov.au
- Government of South Australia www.sa.gov.au
- State Emergency Relief Fund and Personal Hardship Emergency Grants – SA Recovery Hotline 1800 302 787 www.dhs.sa.gov.au
- Disaster Recovery Allowance www.humanservices.gov.au
- Red Cross Emergency Grants www.redcross.org.au
- Vinnies SA Bushfire Appeal www.vinnies.org.au
- Salvation Army Disaster Assistance www.salvationarmy.org.au
Your mental health is of prime importance and assistance can be found through the following:
- SA Health www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
- Lifeline Australia 13 11 14 and www.lifeline.org.au
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 and www.beyondblue.org.au
- ifarmwell www.ifarmwell.com.au
For assistance with injured and stray wildlife and companion animals, please call SAVEM (South Australian Veterinary Emergency Management) at 0477 055 233
Information on preparation for bushfires and post-fire livestock and land management:
News & Resources
News Bushfire Relief4/2/2022
Kangaroo Island bushfire recovery projects to be delivered in 2022In August 2021 the Minister for Primary Industries and Regions, David Basham MP announced a...
Media Release Bushfire Relief23/8/2021
$1 million boost for innovative KI recovery projectsMore than $1 million will be provided by the State Government to Livestock SA and...
Resources Bushfire Relief31/5/2021
Assistance with identification of weeds potentially brought in with donated hayThe devastation of the Cuddlee Creek fire led to numerous landowners with livestock needing help...
Submission Bushfire Relief29/4/2021
Draft State Bushfire Management Plan 2021 ‐ 2025 SubmissionLivestock SA appreciates the opportunity to provide comment on the development of the State Bushfire...
Column Bushfire Relief29/11/2020
Reviewing bushfire support for SA producersLivestock SA is using the learnings from the 2019-20 bushfires to ensure future responses to...
Newsletter Bushfire Relief28/9/2020
October 2020 newsletter – Reflecting on last year’s bushfire seasonAs we look forward to the onset of bushfire season, it’s also appropriate to reflect...
Media Release Bushfire Relief4/9/2020
Support still available for bushfire-affected producersSouth Australian red meat producers impacted by summer bushfires in late 2019 and early 202...
Column Bushfire Relief30/4/2020