Bushfire Recovery Resources
Back to Business: one-on-one farm support for fire-affected producers
Producers in fire-affected areas can access up to three free one-on-one sessions with a local farm management consultant to help put their business back on track. During the sessions, producers will be given tailored support to assess their current situation, work through key issues and opportunities and prioritise what actions to take.
For more information:
Livestock SA currently facilitates fodder donation to support producers affected by the Cudlee Creek, Keilira and Kangaroo Island bushfires.
If you are interested in donating fodder, please contact Livestock SA with the type of feed and volume you are able to donate along with the delivery options.
If you require donated fodder, please contact the Livestock SA office or your local recovery centre.
Recovery centre locations:
Clare – 155 Main North Road, Clare, (08) 8842 6222
Murray Bridge – Bremer Road, Murray Bridge, (08) 8539 2112
Kangaroo Island – Shop 7, The Mall, 56 Dauncey Street, Kingscote. (08) 8553 4949
Parndana Bushfire Recovery Centre – Community Health Centre, 12 Jubilee Avenue Parndana, 1800 302 787
Nuriootpa – 571 Research Road, Nuriootpa, (08) 8568 6400
Mount Gambier – 7-9 Krummel Street, Mount Gambier, (08) 8735 1300
Struan – 74 Struan House Road, Struan, (08) 8762 9100
Lobethal Recovery Centre – Fabrik Arts & Heritage Building, 1 Lobethal Road, Lobethal, 1800 302 787
Your mental health is of prime importance and assistance can be found through the following:
- SA Health www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
- Lifeline Australia 13 11 14 and www.lifeline.org.au
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 and www.beyondblue.org.au
- Rural Aid www.ruralaid.org.au
- ifarmwell www.ifarmwell.com.au
Financial Assistance & Donations
- Disaster Assist www.disasterassist.gov.au
- Government of South Australia www.sa.gov.au
- State Emergency Relief Fund and Personal Hardship Emergency Grants – SA Recovery Hotline 1800 302 787 www.dhs.sa.gov.au
- Disaster Recovery Allowance www.humanservices.gov.au
- Red Cross Emergency Grants www.redcross.org.au
- Vinnies SA Bushfire Appeal www.vinnies.org.au
- Salvation Army Disaster Assistance www.salvationarmy.org.au
PIRSA is committed to providing grant assistance to all eligible producers as simply and quickly as possible.
The PIRSA bushfire hotline is available for primary producers and/or animal owners seeking urgent assistance and information on agricultural impacts or animal issues that cannot be dealt with through normal veterinary or community services. PIRSA also have officers available to assist with the assessment of injured and burnt livestock, and a list of key emergency contacts on their website.
Bushfire Hotline: 1800 255 556
Recovery Hotline: 1800 931 314, email PIRSA.Recovery@sa.org.au
Injured or Stray Wildlife
For assistance with injured and stray wildlife and companion animals, please call SAVEM (South Australian Veterinary Emergency Management) at 0477 055 233
Livestock & Land Management
Information on preparation for bushfires and post-fire livestock and land management:
- PIRSA – Recovering after bushfires – Livestock Management (PDF)
- PIRSA – Recovering after bushfires – Land Management (PDF)
- AWI – Livestock Safety and Recovery
- MLA – Preparing for bushfire season
- Dairy Australia – Preparing for fire threats
- Dairy Australia – Extreme Weather