South Australia’s only forum to debate grains and livestock advocacy, research and farm business issues is back. GROWING SA will return in 2018, following the success of last year’s inaugural event.
Grain Producers SA and Livestock SA will again partner to host the conference on Friday 14 September at the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre, Hahndorf.
GROWING SA is an opportunity for primary producers to hear the latest in policy developments, farm business advice and commodity research while networking with each other and industry service providers and policy decision-makers. GPSA and Livestock SA will host their annual general meetings as part of the day.
This year’s event is supported by a host of industry organisations which are partnering to deliver the latest policy and farm business information to producers.
GROWING SA gold sponsors are the Grains Research and Development Corporation and Meat & Livestock Australia.
Other major sponsors include Rabobank and Quality Wool. The South Australian Small Business Commissioner, Commander Ag-Quip, Spanlift Australia, Rural Business Support and WFI will all be exhibiting at GROWING SA.
GPSA and Livestock SA also host their annual general meetings as part of the day.
Program and presenters
GROWING SA 2018 features an outstanding line-up of speakers presenting farm business, policy and research and development information, with speakers including:
- Hon Tim Whetstone MP Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development – Six months on … the new Liberal landscape for primary industries –
- Rob Kerin Primary Producers SA Chair – PPSA representing grower interests at the national stage
- Wes Lefroy Agricultural Analyst, Rabobank – The global consumer and the future of food and fibre
- Joe Keynes Livestock SA President and Wade Dabinett Grain Producers SA Chair – The SA context … what do we need to succeed?
- Bruce Creek, Blueprint Committee Chair – A strategy for growth … the SA Beef Industry Blueprint
- Simon Vogt, Rural Directions – Profit drivers in livestock businesses
- Sydney Lawrie, Independent WoolPoll Panel Chair – WoolPoll … directing the future of wool R,D&E
- Fiona Rasheed, Jamie Heinrich, Livestock SA and Natalie Sommerville, Dion Woolford, Grain Producers SA – Mentoring and developing agriculture’s emerging leaders
EVENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY: