The Government of South Australia wants to work side by side with producers to increase the productivity and profitability of producers and grow the state’s cattle herd and sheep flock. This is the premise at the heart of the Red Meat and Wool Growth Program.
The Red Meat and Wool Growth program provides a strong pathway for the industry to become more resilient and forward looking with the focus on technology adoption, strategic skill development and enhancing biosecurity.
Recently two important initiatives of the Red Meat and Wool Growth Program have commenced.
The Livestock Tech Talk series is dedicated to informing livestock producers on how adopting technology, infrastructure or best practice can add productivity, profitability and efficiency gains to their businesses. The first four podcasts have been released:
- Benefits of adopting electronic identification for sheep and cattle
- Getting it Right: Sheep and Cattle Yard Design
- Learning from Carwoola: Digital Technologies for different rural environments
- Saving time and money with remote water monitoring
Livestock producers wanting to improve their businesses and plan for the future can now sign up to the Red Meat and Wool Program’s Livestock Enterprise Planning sessions.
The cost to sign up is only $100 + GST per business for which you will have access to a one day training session and a one-on-one coaching session where you will:
- examine your current business profitability
- identify how to improve your business performance
- identify strategies to minimise risks and drive productivity
- learn how implementing technology can drive productivity gains
- develop a Business and Technology Action Plan that will identify key actions to improve your business’s performance and technology use.
Sessions will be delivered across the State. To find out more or register your interest in attending a planning session please visit pir.sa.gov.au/lep-workshops
For more information regarding the Red Meat and Wool Growth Program, visit pir.sa.gov.au/redmeatandwool
The Red Meat and Wool Growth Program is an initiative from the Government of South Australia, supported by Meat & Livestock Australia, SA Sheep and Cattle Industry Funds and SheepConnect SA.