Livestock SA is seeking expressions of interest from interested stakeholders in the South Australian Beef Industry Blueprint development working group.
Livestock SA hosted a forum with over 50 major industry stakeholders and key decision makers of the SA beef industry. The “SA Beef Industry Blueprint Scoping Workshop” was held on Tuesday 23 May 2017 in Naracoorte and attracted participation and engagement from the breadth of the value chain. There was a strong desire to work together to develop and implement a SA Beef Industry Blueprint with a resultant sustainable increase in productivity and profit in each sector. To this end, Livestock SA is calling for Expressions of Interest from people keen to contribute to the development of the SA Beef Industry Blueprint by being members of the development working group.
Working group membership
Input will be sought from cattle producers and all sectors of the beef value chains including sales and service providers, agribusiness and finance, consultancy, transport, processing, retail, government, education and research. The term will be 9 months commencing July 2017. It is envisaged that a number of the development working group may then join the SA Livestock Industry Blueprint working group which has responsibility for the implementation of the SA Sheep Industry Blueprint and SA Beef Industry Blueprint. A travel allowance is available for producers and operators of small businesses.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Guide the development of the SA Beef Industry Blueprint
- Provide tactical suggestions on projects which support Blueprint targets
- Attend at least 3 of 4 full day development working group meetings
Development working group selection criteria
- Experience and strong desire to afford the beef industry strategic direction
- Ability to empower and inspire, while working as a team
- Credibility among your peers and industry in general
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to develop and foster effective relationships with value chain stakeholders
- Have adequate time to be able to commit to the development working group
Expression of Interest submission
Expression of Interest should include:
- Brief cover letter demonstrating your ability to meet the selection criteria
- Brief resume
Details: Please email expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 5 July 2017.
Read the flyer