The Mid North Young Guns invite you to a half-day workshop to improve the health and welfare of your sheep. While sheep producers are facing challenging times, we want to ensure our sheep are still well looked after – both for their wellbeing and to improve our profitability.
• MLA will provide an outlook for sheep prices to help you decide whether to sell or hold onto stock while pasture feed is limited,
• Hamish Dickson will give advice for supplementary feeding for sheep health,
• We’ll look at sheepyard design to reduce stress and injuries,
• Rachel Chirgwin will give a producer’s perspective on how improving sheep welfare is good for her business,
• Natural Resources will provide tips for invasive animal control to keep your sheep safe from foxes.
• Sheep Producers Australia chair Allan Piggott will keep you up to date with what you need to know in policies and legislation on animal welfare.
When: Friday, 5 October, 12:30PM-5:00PM
Where: Mintaro Football Club
Cost: $25 per person
Catering: Includes BBQ lunch
Register: By Friday 28 September at www.bit.ly/MNYGWorkshop
Date: Friday, October 5, 2018
Time: 3:00 am - 7:30 am
Venue: Mintaro Football Club
Mintaro, SA, Australia