MLA and the Grassland Society of Southern Australia, together with Fleurieu Beef Group and Fleurieu Forward Farming Group, are bringing together a range of speakers to present up-to-date research topics at an MLA Pasture Update on Tuesday, November 21, from 1pm to 5.30pm with a barbecue to follow.
Speakers will include the University of Adelaide’s Professor Wayne Pitchford, Climate and agricultural support consultant Melissa Rebbeck, soil and soil biology consultant Greg Butler and Holmes Sackett consultant David Brown.
University of Adelaide animal science post-graduate students will also present five-minute snapshots of projects related to pastures and beef production:
• Public attitudes to animal welfare – Emily Buddle, PhD student
• Handling pasture finished cattle in Lairage – Farrah Preston, PhD student
• Modelling nutrient requirements for finishing grassfed steers – Curtis Vilani, Honours student
• Carcase pricing feedback to producers – Chloe Trotta, Honours student
• Genomic selection in Waygu cattle – Rudi McEwin, PhD student
RSVP by Friday 17 November 2017 to GSSA Secretary Melinda Caspersz on 1300 137 550 or email
For further information contact GSSA Organiser Tim Prance on 0427 812 655
Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Time: 3:30 am - 8:00 am
Venue: Yundi Hall
Mount Compass, SA, Australia