Mallee Sustainable Farming will hold the Loxton Field Day on Friday 14 September.
The day will start with a session at 10am on Managing Livestock in Dry Times, with Tiff Bennett, Rural Solutions SA to discuss feed options and feed budgeting in a dry year Dr Jeremy Rogers, Senior Vet Officer PIRSA will cover animal health and welfare and general questions. Followed by lunch at 12pm, then the MSF Loxton Field Day.
The field day will start with lunch at Robin Schaefer’s, then travel out to various trial sites & finish with cold refreshments.
Topics & Speakers include:
- Pulse varieties, nutrition & inoculant trials – Michael Moodie
- Elders pulse herbicide tolerance trial – Brian Lynch
- SAGIT Clearfield frost trial – Jeff Braun + Michael Moodie
- Early sown wheat varieties – Kenton Porker
- Controlled traffic trials & soil pit – Nigel Wilhelm
- Canola variety trial – Jamie Wilson
Date: Friday, September 14, 2018
Time: 12:30 am - 7:30 am
Venue: Robin Schaefer’s property
240 Browns Well Highway
Loxton, SA, Australia