Cattle Council of Australia and Beef Central will be hosting a webinar on Fit to Load next Friday 15 June at 12.30pm AEST. This webinar will provide participants with valuable information regarding Fit to Load issues along the supply chain.
Animal health and welfare are vital to the Australian cattle industry, and it is important that producers know when and when not to load livestock for transport.
Current drought conditions across large parts of eastern Australia only add to the need for vigilance over appropriate livestock transport decisions.
Questions often arise about certain animals, and classes of animals, and whether they are fit to load. This Webinar will be a valuable source of information on the topic for anyone along the beef supply chain, with plenty of opportunity to question panellists. You’ll hear from industry experts:
- Veterinarian Dr Rob Barwell, Animal Health Australia
- Livestock Biosecurity Network’s Rachel O’Brien (On-the-ground perspective)
- John Lethbridge, Lethbridge Livestock Transport (Transporters’ and producers’ perspective)
- Ross McCarthy, Dubbo Regional Livestock Market (Saleyard/feedlot perspective)
- Cattle Council of Australia representative
The webinar will be moderated by Beef Central’s Jon Condon.
Date: Friday, June 15, 2018
Time: 12:00 pm