Across two below average years, learn about how different livestock producers maximised their pasture production to fill feed gaps and increase the number of grazing days on their property.
These results come out of the three-year Meat & Livestock Australia’s Producer Demonstration Site, Maximising pasture in a variable climate.
Presented by Barossa Improved Grazing Group technical facilitators, Georgie Keynes and Adelaide University intern Jackson Adams, covering:
• Finding and utilising alternative feed sources in a dry year
• Benefit of spring sown brassicas
• A flexible pasture to fill the summer feed gap
• Hay and grazing using perennial grasses
• Annual ryegrasses for grazing and silage for cattle
• Utilising early forage cereals to increase lamb growth rates
For further enquiries phone 0409 287 261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Thursday, December 6, 2018
Time: 10:30 am - 11:00 am