Cattle Industry Fund - Apply for Funding
Organisations eligible to apply for CIF funding include:
- non-profit organisations – including registered charities or incorporated associations
- private enterprise businesses
- local and State government bodies
- non-departmental government agencies – including tertiary education institutions, land councils
- Regional Development Australia Boards and Landscape (Natural Resource Management ) Boards
- research organisations.
All organisations must have an ABN or an ACN to apply for funding.
Organisations that are not incorporated under State or Commonwealth legislation may submit an application sponsored by an eligible organisation. In this situation, the sponsoring organisation becomes the applicant.
Applying for funding
The CIF is open to receive applications, subject to the availability of funds each financial year.
The availability of funds will be determined by the CIF Board based on the available balance of the Fund.
Refund requests may be submitted via the proposal form available on the PIRSA website.
Application assessment and approval
The Cattle Industry Fund Board will make final recommendations to the Minister regarding how the Cattle Industry Fund is applied. The CIF Board will assess applications to the Fund in line with the schedule of key dates below.
The CIF Board will assess funding proposals against the following criteria:
- benefit to the SA beef and dairy cattle industries
- direct benefit to fund contributors (cattle producers)
- alignment with Cattle Industry Fund investment priorities outlined in the 2021-2025 plan
- alignment and collaboration with other state and national beef and dairy industry priorities and programs, ensuring no duplication of investment
- support from industry stakeholders
- value for money (cost of the program compared to the outcomes it will deliver)
- innovation in program delivery
- previous program performance and achievement of outcomes (for ongoing programs)
- the organisation’s capability and capacity to undertake the program, including:
- demonstrated project management experience
- evidence of a project plan, including a communication plan and risk management plan
- identification of measures of success and a plan to report on them.
Payments to fund recipients
Payment and milestone schedules will be negotiated directly with fund recipients.
Fund recipients are expected to provide an annual report at the end of the financial year. Other reporting requirements will be negotiated directly with fund recipients.